Since my croco-collection changed a bit,I felt the need to give you an update :-D
The Gillio croco mat is just a print on cowhide,btw!
From the day I saw my first Gillio mat croco (which was a medium sized Compagna in honey mat,at Dössel&Rademacher in Hamburg),I totally fell in love with that print....and with the brand anyway!
The croco mat is different from batch to batch....and from hide to hide.
Some feel chalky,which is VERY smooth with a feel of a powdery finish...some are just smooth..some feel a bit toothy/fabric-ish.
At the end they will all develope a patina,which makes them even smoother and more shiny.
The smaller the planner and the more you use it,the faster the patina will develope.
Here is my Mini Mia Cara in rosewood mat croco,one photo without patina,and one photo with beautiful patina....
In the square-picture you see (from top to bottom and left to right):
- A5 aubergine mat (from 2013,with silver mat rings)
- Black mat medium Mia Cara
- Shiny lava A6 Appunto
- Fuschia mat medium Compagna
- Charcoal mat medium XL Compagna
- Red bubbly Croco medium Compagna (luxecadeautjes special!)
- Fuschia mat keypouch and keyholder
- Red mat croco medium Compagna (old,old batch!)
- Grey mat medium XL Compagna
- Charcoal mat medium Amica
- Brown mat Slim Compagna
- Honey mat medium Compagna
- Rosewood mat mini Mia Cara
- Charcoal mat mini Mia Cara
- Red mat pocket Compagna (oooold model/batch!)
- Grey mat pocket XL Compagna
- Bubblegum mat medium Amica
- Bubblegum mat A5 Appunto
- Brown mat A6 Appunto (older print)
- Red mat/cream inside "ccc-edition"(with golden hardware/limited edition)
- Blue mat personal wide Compagna
There are 2 or 3 more blogposts to come,so stay tuned!
Happy holidays to all of you,from our DK-vaca!